Friday, February 8, 2008

A few minutes of peace

Well...Allison just went down for a nap and Emily is in the bathtub (and miraculously not yelling for me to come in and play with her), so I have a few minutes of quiet time to finally update this blog. Unfortunately I don't have any new photos uploaded from the camera, so sorry for the lack of images.

Allison hit her six week mark yesterday and is becoming quite flirtatious. When she is happy (aka after she just ate) she is very smiley and occasionally likes to play a game with her pacifier where I put it in her mouth and pull it out just as she's closing in on it. She smiles then we do it again. It is so cute! It's like her whole face lights up, mouth open wide and eyes sparkling. It makes all the crying time seem worth it. And she is finally sleeping a few hours at a time at night, so I can get about four hours in at a time. It sounds small, but compared to two hours at a time max for over a month, four hours is a luxury.

Since it is chilly winter right now we've been stuck at home a lot, so poor little Emily ends up watching a lot of movies and tv shows all day while I'm tending to her sister. We have been to the park a few times when the sun has been out, but for the most part we stay at home. Pretty boring. Next time we have a child (if there's a next time...) it needs to be born in the spring or fall so we can go outside more. So unfortunately we're not very exciting right now, but life goes on. Well Emily is now calling me to help her spell her name with bathtub letters...

1 comment:

amanda said...

Oh man.... I don't miss the lack of sleep with a new baby at all! I feel for ya!