Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Snowman Party

Today we got to go to a snowman party. Our friends from playgroup (did I mention we have been in this playgroup since Emily was about 2 months old, minus some time while I was working full-time?) hosted this week and had a fun snowman theme for everything. Thanks CAT! There was hot cocoa with marshmallows, homemade snowman shirts for all the kids, snowman yarn-ball guys that made for a fun hide-and-seek game, snowflake cookies, snowflake dishes, yummy soup, and even a snowman cake that the kids got to frost and decorate. Oh, and even a take-home craft of a felt snowman, which Emily put together and made me glue immediately so it will last forever.

It was so fun and it reminded me of my mom, how she always went out of her way to decorate for holidays, make fun creative birthday cakes, and do crafts and all sorts of things to keep us kids entertained. So even though I have lacked in those skills so far, I'm thankful to have friends who do special things like snowman parties and help kids (and moms!) have good memories!

Also this morning I got the news that our Zoo Director and his wife, my boss, are resigning and taking positions at the Columbus Zoo. I was very surprised at the news, but I am happy for them to be able to return to Ohio, where Patty (my boss) grew up and has family still around. Having these two as my superiors has been instrumental in me being able to work from home and be very flexible with my schedule, and I will always be grateful to them for that. So I wish them the best and hope more good people will come in their places!

1 comment:

amanda said...

The snowman party sounds like such a cute idea. I'm sure everyone had a blast.