Sunday, April 13, 2008

Easter

Since most of the family left Saturday afternoon, we had our Easter fun on Saturday morning. This is also kind of a Nelson tradition - "Easter Bunny Day" on Saturday and real Easter on Sunday focusing on Christ and the resurrection. Jill had brought the kids' baskets and a bunch of plastic eggs, so she and mom hid them in the backyard for in impromptu egg hunt. For whatever reason Devin was out sleeping on the trampoline (probably to avoid the noise and chaos inside), but as we all came out he was forced out of his peaceful slumber. Mom brought some cute matching dresses for Emily and Ashlin to wear, so they got to get all prettied up for their egg hunt.
There were lots and lots of eggs, but we let the girls go first before Chad and Tyler came into the hunt. They were very cute walking around picking up their eggs.

After the egg hunt the kids dyed eggs. I can't lie...I'm not a huge fan of dyeing Easter eggs and I'm certainly not much of a hard-boiled-egg eater. So I would never have ventured to dye eggs on my own. Lucky for Emily my mom and sister are more into the traditions, because if it were left up to me we probably wouldn't have done anything. Not even the egg hunt. I don't want to give my child any more candy than she already has. (And good thing, since the next day Grandpa Boam and his fiancee put together a huge candy egg hunt for Emily up at Kevin's aunt's house. Of course Emily had fun collecting the eggs, and she loved the big pretty basket and stuffed animals that came with it. Said basket is currently on top of a cabinet far out of Emily's reach.) Am I a bad mom for giving up on holiday traditions? My mom was always (and still is) so great about making every holiday special, and I'm sad to say I haven't kept up with any of it! Poor Emily. Thank goodness for grandparents and aunts who make them still fun.
Thankfully Mom and Jill took all but two of the dyed eggs home with them. Only two eggs to figure out what to do with!

No comments: