Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there...a day late but hey, we're all trying here! So my talk in church went fine. We had one youth speaker (with a rather long talk for a youth speaker) and three adult speakers so it was a pretty long meeting. But good. My talk was fine, I told kind of a sad story and everybody was crying. But it was a good example to my point. Then Emily got to give her very first talk in Primary. It was about families. She did a good job, too.

In the morning Kevin got up and made orange pancakes for breakfast. YUM. Then I got to open my present (have I ever mentioned how excited Emily gets about presents?) that Emily picked out. It was a box full of candy and Izze sodas. YUM again. If you have never had an Izze, they are made with pure fruit juice and sparkling water. Very tasty but not full of sugar. You can find them at Target, but still not as available in grocery stores. There are flavors like clementine (as opposed to regular old orange) and pomegranite. That was fun. Later we went to Kevin's dad's house for dinner and had some delicious New York steaks. YUM YUM YUM. It was a yummy day.

1 comment:

amanda said...

hmmm- I may have to pick up an Izze tonight at Target. I've never tried one.
Glad your talk went well.