Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Roly Poly

Allison kind of looks roly poly with her huge thigh chubs, but now she has the "roly" part down. Yesterday she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time. Now this might not seem like a big accomplishment for a near 7-month-old, but considering her big sister never rolled over until after she was crawling, it's a big deal for us. Yesterday I just thought I'd put her on her tummy for a little bit to see if she would play like that, but instead, over she went. So we kept putting her back and she kept rolling over. Way to go Allison!

While I am posting videos, here is another one from a few weeks ago of Allison in the bathtub. She would kick her legs and splash for a few seconds, then look up at me as if to get approval. She went on this way for nearly half an hour. I was laughing so hard!

3 comments:

H+B Jackson said...

Oh good! there is hope for Charlotte yet! She has not rolled over unassisted yet and I thought she was so behind! People are asking me all the time...has she rolled over? I am glad it can happen later.

I love that tub you have that lets her sit up in it. Very nice.

Elise said...

Oh man! That last video is soooooo cute! Look at those adorable rolls. Love it!

Weatherman said...

Amy the videos of Alison are so cute! I love her little rolls. She is so proud of herself sitting up and kicking in the water making a splash!
love always, Monica