Monday, August 11, 2008

Go USA!

Have you all been watching the Olympics? Ever since the amazing opening ceremonies, we have been glued to it almost nonstop! The highlight so far was the men's 4x100 relay last night...It didn't come on until almost midnight at our house, but I really wanted to see it so we stayed up and it was SO worth it! I was thrilled to see the US team come from behind to win by a split second. It was amazing. Michael Phelps just might get his eight gold medals after all. Go USA!!
I got in the patriotic spirit and put up some extra flags in the yard...I just love the Olympics and the national pride it brings out in us. I think it's really cool to see President Bush at so many of the events, too. He seems so excited to meet the athletes and support them. Despite what the media says, I think he is a great President. Did you all see him peppering with Misty May-Treanor? Sweet. And his father, George Bush Sr. was at the fencing matches (US women swept the medals) and then during the medals ceremony one of the girls was crying and he handed down his handkerchief to her. You just don't see that kind of stuff everyday from national leaders. What a great family.

4 comments:

Elise said...

Yes I saw that relay and it was AWESOME!!! Ha ha to France and their trash talk! I love it.

Tamara said...

Your family is so beautiful. So, Koreena was my neighbor for three years in my ward before I moved to our new house last year. She is great. Her little boy Matty is so darling. I have yet to see her new baby girl. Isn't it funny what a small world it is.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Yes, we too have been major Olympic buffs this past week! That Michael Phelps is a serious swimming machine!!
We too, love and support our President!

Elizabeth said...

Amy,
It is so great to be in touch again! Your family is really cute. It is so fun to see pictures and read stories about you guys. I'm glad we found each other's blogs, it makes it much easier to be in touch!