Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Latest Discovery

Okay, I can't really claim it as my own discovery, since some friends told me about it. Kraftfoods.com. It ROCKS! Not only can you sign up for a free magazine full of easy and family-friendly recipes, you can find same recipes (all past issues included) on the website and put them into your own recipe box. Why is this so great, you ask? Because it substantially helps my recent (uh, past few years?) food rut.

I'll be honest - I'm not the greatest eater in the world. Not that I eat junk food all the time, but I don't think I eat enough good foods, and often not enough food, period. Mostly because I hate going through the recipes, making the list, going to the store, putting everything away, then trying to have enough energy to actually make the food... and I get sick of frozen burritos and corn dogs after a few days. Menu planning is so time-consuming and energy draining for me.

Enter kraftfoods.com. I can search through their lovely photos of recipes, pick the ones that look good, and click a button to place them into my recipe box. Then when I am going to go to the grocery store, I pick out a few of those recipes that look good, click "add to shopping list", and Voila, instant grocery list including all necessary items to cook my chosen recipes. You can even add in your own recipes to your box and add extra items to your shopping list. I love it! So yes, I still have to decide what I want and make the list, but it takes about 1/10 of the time and all the pictures make it so much easier to pick a meal. AND all the recipes are really easy to make.

That's it. I just wanted to share.

3 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Sweet! I have the same problem, so I'll have to try it out! :)

Elise said...

I get the magazines and never look through them--what's the matter with me!? Happy Birthday tomorrow! :)

Robby and Katie said...

I hate it when I get stuck in the food ruts! We have quesadilla night at least once a week. If you like the Kraft site, you should also try Pillsbury and the Betty Crocker sites. They also have good ideas. I have the problem of finding and printing out recipes that sound good, and then I never even try them. I usually go back to whatever I know Charlie & Avery will eat.