Saturday, October 25, 2008

ZooBoo

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my last post with such positive and encouraging comments. It definitely helps to hear what other moms out there are doing to stay sane! I think the night I wrote it was just a really hard day, but I'm feeling much better about things since. And I think I'm going to try to take a photography class or something...to pursue something I enjoy and have an excuse to "have" to get out of the house at least once a week! Plus I just got a really nice camera for my birthday, so I have to use it. And all of you are so right about just enjoying the time I have with my kids and what not...thanks everyone!

This morning has been filled with laundry and cleaning. Hopefully we'll be able to get out of the house this afternoon and run some errands. I've been wanting to get to the fabric store and find some blackout material to make curtains for our bedroom (and I have a 50% off coupon that expires today). Our bedroom has a huge sliding glass door that faces south, so we get a lot of light and heat/cold through it during the day. When it was really hot Kevin put foam in it and completely blocked out everything. Nice and dark, but not so easy to just let light in when we wanted it. I have a whole list of things like that that I think I might be able to get around to someday. The usual house cleaning and child activities usually take first priority, though.

Last weekend we took the kids to ZooBoo, the halloween event at the Zoo. I had to work, but got to hang out with Kevin and the kids for a little bit while they were there. Here are some photos:





This is me and my boss, Patty Peters. All the gals from marketing, education and admin dressed up as "beauty queens" with titles such as Miss Information, Miss Behave, Miss Taken, Miss Fortune, etc. Easy costume to wear with our uniforms and lots of fun!

3 comments:

Beth Swann said...

I'm thinking about taking a photography class, too! It would be fun to take one together! Just let me know if you're interested!

Tamilisa said...

Amy! you have the cutest kids ever! That looked like a fun activity.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging about the Kraft website! I know the post was a while ago and I don't know specifically which one it was, but I'm so glad I saw your post and remembered you saying something about Kraft. I still have a ton of recipes in my box to try!