Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Photo Update - August and September 2008

The top is Emily. The bottom is Allison. Both 8 months old! I think Emily was a little chubbier! Even though Allison is pretty chubby. And I have no idea what happened to that blue bathtub. We went to look for it after Allison was born and it had disappeared! So Allison has the girlie pink one.

I found some new jackets at Target (yes, I buy nearly all their clothes there...they have so many cute things at great prices, and it doesn't help that Target is one block away from our house). Emily's is pretty big on her, but at the rate she's growing it should fit perfect by February. And Allison loves this polka dot hoodie - she held it the whole time in the store and didn't want to let go. Her eyes light up every time she sees it!

What more fun than playing in the toy boxes on Sunday before church. I first put Allison in one to se what she would do, then of course Emily wanted to join in the fun. I think Allison just discovered her tongue that day or something. She was sticking it out like that for nearly an hour. There's nothing to make a mother more happy than seeing her two little girls playing together and having fun.

Here is the little chunk in all her glory. Look how those fatty thighs end up in those teeny tiny toes! She really has a spunky personality, too.


We rearranged our office/living room and had enough space to put Emily's "desk" in there. Now she can "work" (play games on the computer or practice writing) or do her "projects" (cutting and gluing on 12x12 scrapbook paper) while mom and dad try to get some work done. Occasionally Allison is her assistant.

Allison had her first taste of pizza [crust]. She is so interested in anything we are eating now (two huge bowls of cereal and fruit/veggies is not enough) so when we had pizza the other day I gave her a big piece of crust to "chew" on. Chew is in quotations because she does not have any teeth yet. See last photo. Nine months and counting...still no sign of them on the top or the bottom!

And Emily is learning to play the guitar. Kevin spent some unforetold amount of money to get his amp fixed, and has been playing a little bit [more]. Emily was able to get her fingers around part of the top and strum on the neck of the guitar. Let's just say it was loud. As you can see from the photo, she thought it was delightfully entertaining.
Gums. Just gums. It's okay with me, I guess. at least that way she still can't bite me. But she is already a small baby so without teeth she looks like half her age. I suppose it doesn't really matter. Does that look like a 9-month-old to you? She is so cute, though. We have to go in for her 9-month checkup tomorrow so we'll see what the doctor has to say. Oh, and did I mention she doesn't crawl either? I am happy for that - she can still sit in one place and play without me having to wonder where she is all the time. I don't think it's going to last much longer, though.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Amy! It's Beth! Your girls are so cute!! I am so excited that I found you!! Isn't technology great?
BTW~I love Target too! I buy all of my kids clothes there and I go there all the time!!

Elise said...

Emily looks so grown up now. Especially when she is right next to her little sister (who isn't so little anymore either)! I love the picture of Emily sitting at her desk looking all responsible and mature :)
Allison is super cute! Better to have chunky legs when she is that age than when she is my age!

amanda said...

Those thighs are so insanely pinchable I can barely stand it!
I was noticing too that Emily is looking very grown up!

Robby and Katie said...

Your girls are so cute. I love the crazy bath hair-dos. They look like they have so much fun together. I wouldn't worry about the teeth, Avery was a week away from her first birthday, before the 1st tooth pooped up. She has gotten eight teeth in the last four months! Just brace yourself for a few miserable months, if Allison's don't come anytime soon. I am with you on Target. I love it. It is a one stop shop for clothes, toys, and even food!