Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a Boy!

I went in for my 20-week ultrasound this morning, and we confirmed that we are having a boy! (I had one at 12 weeks and the boy parts were pretty obvious, but they said we can't know for sure until now.) He is due August 12 according to his measurements and August 18 according to my doctor's calculations. I vote for the 12th! Which also happens to be my older brother's birthday.

Emily has already named him Nickolas...but I don't think that will be his name. So now we have to shift gears from pink to blue - mostly just clothing since the rest of our baby stuff is already blue or gender neutral, thank goodness!

I took Allison and Emily with me this morning, plus Grandma Boam, and Allison was so cute, she got all worried that the ultrasound tech was hurting me or something and started crying. She was fine for the first few minutes, then she kept looking at the sonogram tool on my belly and back at me and got so upset. Emily was excited to see the "pictures" of her brother. He looks perfect and healthy so far.

8 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

Yay! Exciting! Congratulations!

amanda said...

Fun! Congratulations Amy!

Weatherman said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the little prince!
love, Monica

Beth said...

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun!!

Mama Aya said...

Amy! I had no idea you were even pregnant. Congratulations!

Amy said...

I have to just say...this is kind of our "announcement" since I never made any other big indication that I am pregnant! So please don't anyone feel bad for not knowing!

Becky said...

Congrats! We are due really close together. I am due the 3rd. Most likely, you will have your baby before me. :( I am always late!!

Elise said...

Oh how awesome!!! Congratulations!