Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kindergarten

Emily had her first day of Kindergarten August 24. She was excited but very nervous when the day actually arrived. Kevin and I took her to the school in the morning and took pictures by the school sign (Kevin attended the same school when he was a little kid!). She was anxious to see her best friend, Savannah, who we met up with in the playground area before they lined up to go inside. They aren't in the same class, but at least they'll get to see each other before and after school.


There are 27 kids in her class - it seemed like the line was so long as they lined up to go inside!
After school she didn't say much about what she did at school, but she did smile when I asked her how her first day went. I think she will like it. After a week, she seems to be having a good time and getting more comfortable with going every day. And it's nice for me to have her out of the house doing something constructive on a daily basis!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

She is so cute! What fun to have families so similar to each other.

Lisa said...

What a cutie! I hope her second week of school is great!

amanda said...

Good for her! I love her outfit.