Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One Week

Lukas is one week old today. It's hard to believe that just a week ago at this time I was passed out in a hospital bed hardly able to open my eyes for more than two minutes...now we are home and functioning as well as can be expected. I feel surprisingly well and don't have nearly as much pain as I expected from having a c-section; so far so good.

One-day-old Lukas.

Proud big sister Emily. She is in love with him and wants to hold him every chance she gets.

Big sister Allison is curious, although she still doesn't pay too much attention to him. He has jaundice so we have to keep him uncovered in the sun as much as possible.

One-week-old Lukas. He is a great eater and sleeper.

7 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

That picture of Emily and Lukas is soooo adorable! She looks like a little mommy! Sooo loving. And it's so sweet how he is staring back at her.

Melinda said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Lisa said...

He is SO cute!! I wish I could come meet him! I'm so glad everything is going so well and I hope they continue to do so. Love you!

Lisa said...

PS your baby has more hair than both my 6 month old babies combined! How'd you get so lucky?

mnelson087 said...

aw i miss that little guy already, i'm having baby holding withdrawls!! =)

Nelka said...

He's such a cutie. Congrats!

Elise said...

That last picture of him is so sweet. I just want to pick him up and kiss his little forehead! Congratulations! He is perfect!